HEALTH & WELLNESS ORGANIZATIONS
- Provides services for people living with HIV
- Support programs, including counseLling and case management
Bute Street Clinic at QMUNITY
- Provides free and confidential HIV, STI & HCV testing
- Walk-ins accepted, Monday to Friday between 1am and 4:30pm
Canadian Mental Health Association
- Five branches providing support to people living with mental illness in the Vancouver area – two in Vancouver, North Vancouver, New Westminster & Richmond
Coast Foundation Society
- Establishing public, private and non-profit partnerships to secure resources to provide more housing, jobs and other community services for people with a mental illness.
Mental Health Services Crisis Line
- Immediate, telephone support for people
Friends for Life Society
- Services and programs with a holistic approach to health for people living with HIV/AIDS and cancer, and their families, friends, and caregivers.
Health Initiative for Men (HiM)
- Services for gay and bisexual men
- Peer support, professional counselling & personal strategic advising
- Drop-in programming – condom packing, discussion groups & more
Healing Our Spirit – BC Aboriginal HIV/AIDS Society
- Services and resources for Aboriginal people
- HIV/AIDS prevention
- Provides care, treatment, support services and increased community accessibility to HIV/AIDS
IDC at St. Paul’s Hospital
- Primary, integrated care and support for HIV-positive patients
- Appointments with family doctors, specialists, nurses, pharmacists, counsellors, social workers, and nutritionists
Motivational and Power Achievement Society
- Supports people living with mental illness
- Offers licensed care, supported housing, independent living and court advocacy
Peer Navigator Program
web: http://www.positivelivingbc.org/service/peer-navigatorstel: 604-908-7710
- Services for people recently diagnosed with HIV
- One-to-one support program designed to improve emotional health, support HIV management, including decisions about starting treatment, develop disclosure strategies, and support overall well-being
Pender Community Health Clinic
- Specialized treatment of addiction, HCV, and HIV/AIDS
- Doctors, nurses, and counselors are available
Positive Living BC
- Services for people living with HIV
- Daily drop-in services, including the lounge & internet café
- Advocacy services for support with income, housing, health care access, discrimination & end of life planning
- Health and wellness sessions, including acupuncture, massage therapy, naturopathy, nutrition, dentistry, dental hygiene, Tai Chi, Thai Yoga, massage, Reiki, and yoga
- Social groups specific to poz men
Qmunity: Services for queer communities
- Community groups, including those related to addictions, bereavement and social groups
- Free, by appointment counseling provided by clinical counselors and social workers
- Legal clinic
West End Mental Health Teams
- Individual and group mental health rehabilitation services in the areas of personal life, leisure, education and work
- Services include: individualized mental health screening and assessment; rehabilitation goal-setting; basic support (access to activities); rehabilitation readiness assessment (exploration of service options, building confidence); rehabilitation processes (assistance with goal achievement) ongoing support, referral to other services and advocacy.
702-1080 Howe St.
- Primary health care, with queer- and positive-friendly physicians
Vancouver Addictions Matrix Program (VAMP)
Three Bridges Community Health Centre
1292 Hornby St.
- A 16-week outpatient stimulant addiction treatment program.
- This day/evening program offers group treatment, along with individual counselling sessions.
- Offers a youth stream which serves youth aged 16 thought 25 and a stream serving gay/bi men stream.
- Clients can either self-refer or they can be referred by an agency. Please call for program referrals, promotional materials and/or to book a presentation.
YouthCO HIV and Hep C Community Outreach
- Services for people living with and affected by HIV aged 15 to 29.
- One-to-one peer counseling, group support, harm reduction, community referrals
- Gay men of all skill levels and ages welcome
- Clean, violence-free hockey with opportunities to develop skills and play other teams throughout North America
- outdoor activities and indoor workshops at retreats to promote affectionate, unmediated experiential communication
- safe and friendly environment for the LGBTQ community and friends to run and walk together
Out and About
- Outdoor activities for gay men
Out for Kicks
- GLBT-friendly recreational soccer club
Pinoy Pride Vancouver
- Social group for Filipino-Canadian LGBTQs, families, friends and supporters
- Social, cultural and support group for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender South Asians and their friends, families and allies
- All are welcome regardless of ethnicity, religious beliefs or sexuality
- Videogames, board games, card games, movies and local events for queers and allies
Vancouver Men’s Chorus
tel: 604-669-SING (604-669-7464)
- Canada’s first gay chorus
- Welcome singing and non-singing members
Vancouver Prime Timers
- active social and recreation group for gay and bi men, 35 and up
Vancouver Radical Faeries
- Self-identified queer men-loving-men dedicated to building spiritual intimacy in their relationships, celebrate sexuality and play with ideas about gender